Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Con

From: elliott@bart.b11.ingr.com (Jeff Elliott)
Date: Thu, 19 May 94 12:06:35 CDT
Subject: Re: The Con
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

|>oug said:
> I think that we definitely got the following thirteen questions right:
>
>  - Who originally recorded 'Lord Of The Reedy River'?
>
>    A: Donovan

I was under the impression that Donovan Leitch wrote this for Mary Hopkin to
record on her first album ("Postcard" - Apple APCOR 5, produced by Paul
McCartney), which was released in the UK on 21/2/69.  Did Donovan actually
record it first?

 Jeff Elliott                           Telephone: (205) 730-6013
 Software Consultant                    Internet:  elliott@bart.b11.ingr.com
 Hardware Analysis S/W (Diagnostics)    UUCP Mail: uunet!ingr!elliott
 Intergraph Corporation - Huntsville, AL 35894