Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Yes!

From: Peter Manchester <72020.366@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 May 94 02:36:51 EDT
Subject: Yes!
To: <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

list
The last bat just flew to roost in front of this morning's rising sun, and I sit

[Asit in front of my host family's ACORN 3 RISC machine here in London, plugged
[Binto my CIS account, trying to use the COMPOSE editor in MAIL and clearly
[Bhaving a problem with it.
[B
[BI took copious notes yesterday at the Convention, and will eventually have
[Btime this week to transcribe them with appropriate elaborations.  but for now
[Bjust this greeting and brief report.
[B
[Bgreeting!
[B
[BYes, she did appear.  At about 7:
[C
[CYes, she did appear.  At about 7:45, the stage elevator hove her into view
[Bto ind
[Dto introduce "The Line, The Cross, & and The Curve."  FF
[Dirst, however, there
[Bwas some spillover business from the raffle.  One last number needed to be
[Bdrawn, for the Japanese Gold Record of "Lionheart" I believe it was, and some
[Bluckly lad Bill not only got to get up on stage with Kate and shake her hand
[Bhe had the presence of mind to duck back one last time for a quick kiss on the
[Bcheek, which was returned, to the vicarious joy of several hundred of us.
[B
[BQuick survey of high points as seen from dawn the next morning, with a cup of
[Bcoffee just barely beginning to set in:
[B
[BDel Palmer's cool wit and splendid generosity during the auction, he and Dave
[Bfrom "Homeground" on stage together--pumping the bidding at some points (for
[Bthe great cause of the Great Ormund Street Children's Hospital)--breaking it
[Boff at others to the benefit of some bidder who had touched Del as deserving.
[B
[BPaddy Bush on an unusual box guitar, singing a song that i took to be "the
[BRain" with transparent joy.
[B
[BThe Top Twenty All Time Homeground Kate Bush Favorites video compilation, as
[Bit moved up the Top Ten in particular--incorporating much rare TV appearance
[Bmaterial.
[B
[BThe spectacularly entertaining Mike Winter dance group's interpretation of "Ken."
[B
[BThis moment here:  Andy Marvick and I had set off from our perch on the steps
[Bof the downstairs seating, left center to the stage, to the third level where
[Bthere was allegedly food service.  It was during the first break, and we were
[Bin a bit of a rush.  I thought he was right behind me, and having reached the
[Bfood service window (and realized there was going to be no time to get any),
[BI looked around for Andy and he was nowhere to be seen.  I shortly found him
[Bon the stairs, holding the arm crutches of a largely lame young man who was
[Bslowly pulling his way up using the guardrail.  Andy's spontaneous gesture of
[Bassistance had clearly been proferred so quietly and naturally that it was
[Bsimply no big deal.
[B
[BWell, enough for now.  I need to pack and train up to Shropshire for the day.
[BIt will take me awhile to digest this, my first ever pilgrimage to see Kate in
[Bperson.  While I got no closer than to breathe air in the same space with her
[Bit was worth it.  "I hope to see you all again," she said.  "Say when and we'll
[Bbe there," I nearly hollered.  But we shall simply have to wait and see.
[B
[B.............................................................................
[B                                                        Peter Manchester
[B    "Mmmmmm,  *yes*!"                          pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu
[B                                                       72020.366@compuserve.com
[B\exit

[A/exit