Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re[2]: KATE BUSH - radio airplay

From: bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com (Miller, Ben)
Date: Mon, 02 May 94 16:00:14 PST
Subject: Re[2]: KATE BUSH - radio airplay
To: drk@leland.Stanford.EDU (David Koehler)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Encoding: 1476 Text

In article <199405022234.PAA20993@elaine24.Stanford.EDU>

David R. Koehler writes:

>>In the Bay Area, KITS (Live 105), plays mostly RUTH, but I've also heard them
>>play (in the last two years):  Wuthering Heights, Hounds of Love, The Big Sky,
>>Experiment IV, Love and Anger, Rocket Man, Eat The Music, Rubberband Girl,
>>and Lily.  I'm sure there have been others during listener's request shows
>>or late at night.

What you say is true enough.  I listen to Live 105 fairly frequently; at the
wrong time, I guess.  I have even heard Constellation of the Heart a couple
times.  I think what I really object to is the overall radio trend that I see
(or is it hear), in that there seems to be a fixed song or songs by an artist
that get constant play, regardless of the caliber of their other work.  I think
this affects the exposure of Kate's music more than it does other, more readily
available artists.  For example, Peter Gabriel also has the same songs in
constant rotation, but he has the fortune to have a larger number of songs in
that rotation.  It does make it more of a treat when a Kate song is played on
the radio, though.

As a matter of fact, last week a woman won a contest on a local radio station
where the prize was the chance to request any song from the stations "amazing"
music library.  Her choice, to my delight, was Eat the Music.  Good choice,
that.

Ben Miller
bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com