Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

break-in@nettwerk.com

From: Nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca (Nettwerk)
Date: 2 May 94 17:03:37 GMT
Subject: break-in@nettwerk.com
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

well, it can happen to the nicest of us. over the weekend the nettwerk
offices
were broken into and some of our computers have been stolen. while it's not
the end of the world or even anything more than a minor inconvenience, the
main
thing that was stolen was our BBS. our dear, sweet, always busy and full of
information BBS. however, we are working on solutions right now and jay
should
have things up and running in the next couple of weeks. for now, you can
still
dial in and leave a emergency message to the sysop but that's the extent of
the BBS at this time (only one line). so be patient with us and if anyone
wants to sell you some hot macintosh equipment or a 6 month old 386 with a
digiboard, kick them in the shin for me.

the @nettwerk.wimsey.com e-mail is in limbo right now, that includes the
Nettlist and file requests. you can still reach us via our mindlink address
(nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca) over the next little while until the BBS is back
and
running.

Lane and Jay

--
Nettwerk                                       -An attitude, not a problem-
nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca