Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-hounds or blood-hounds

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 14:15:35 GMT
Subject: Re: Love-hounds or blood-hounds
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <9405020959.AAwodb09676@relay1.UU.NET> mbuly@math.hr (Mirko
Bulaja) writes:

>   So, flame me now for hating flames. That way you can stop this
>   poor soul from further posting here. Make me want to subscribe to
>   Gaffa '85 and post there. That was the place where crossroads
>   met. Did Doug and others kept it alive so it would came to this? I
>   would like to hear Doug, and if there are any others from that
>   early years.

No, I didn't keep it alive so it would come to this!  There was indeed
plenty of flaming back in '85 and '86, but it was a joyous flaming
filled with passion for music.  People didn't care whether their egos
were slightly bruised, because they enjoyed music and discussing music
so much.  People could speak honestly and openly without worrying that
others would whine that their poor fragile sensitivities had been
hopelessly damaged.

But that kind of flaming is unacceptable to Jorn.  He wants protection
from anyone saying anything that might dent his little ego, so now
he's going to fill Love-Hounds with the kind of flaming he wants to
see.  And folks, it turns out that the kind of flaming that Jorn wants
to see fill this group is enough to make you want to slit your wrists.

|>oug

"Crazed with helplessness, I cursed God and wept, wondering
if He wept also."