Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Reich & UFO's

From: silo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 19:50:19 EDT
Subject: Reich & UFO's
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: "silo" <silo@aol.com>

Cecil writes:

> "No.  Reich was a nut-an unjustly perecuted nut, it should be said, but
still
> a nut.  He claimed that (1) he had done battle with alien spaceships, (2)
he

and Jorn writes:

> Reich claimed he could see little wriggling blue orgone particles, both
under
> the microscope, and under proper conditions with the naked eye.  His
theories
> about their behavior have many of the classic hallmarks of bad science,
> though, especially his sense that *everything* could be simply solved by
> appeal to orgone.  And he got really paranoid as he fought his uphill
battle,
> comparing his martyrdom to Jesus's, fighting battles with UFOs, etc etc
etc.

Well, just to put in my two-cents worth, I've heard many stories that back in
that period (starting in the late 40's running through the 50's) that there
were lots of sighting of UFO's in this area of Maine.  I suspect that he
actually did *see* UFO's, though I doubt that *they* knew he was fighting
them.

I consider my own mother a credible witness, and she has a story of sighting
one over her parents home while walking toward it from the barn.  She was
accompanied by her brother who also saw it.  It was a large dirigible/cigar
shape that hovered over the house for several minutes, then departed at a
HIGH rate of speed.  It was absolutely silent.  And this was back when all
known aircraft were propeller driven.

Rangley, where Orgonon is, is about 50 miles due north of there.

I just mention this because if he *was* seeing UFO's regularly, it could have
driven him just a little crazier, if you see my meaning.

--Michael Knight, life-time Maine native
silo@aol.com