Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What is the REAL Rubberband video?

From: James P Carameta <carameta@student.msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 19:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: What is the REAL Rubberband video?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Kate Bush BBS)

> >   That is the actual video [for "Running Up That Hill"].  eMpTyVee,
> >   for whatever reason, decided not to play it, and requested a
> >   different one. The one that they played was a TV show lip-sync
> >   from the British TV talk show "Wogan." Kate never considered that
> >   a video and seemed perplexed that the real one was not played.
>
> The reason MTV wouldn't play the real video for "Running Up That Hill"
> is the same reason they wouldn't play the real video for "Rubberband
> Girl" -- they're not lip-synced.  Kind of a lame reason, but MTV's
> kind of a lame channel.

I've got yet ANOTHER question...

What is the real video for "Rubberband Girl?"  I've seen one on MTV U.S. where
she is singing into a microphone and walking up and down a flight of steps and
dancing with a man at certain points.

And - does the UK booklet for _The Red Shoes_  have pages like a book or does
it fold out many times to show a big picture of Kate dancing w/ the man in the
"Rubberband Girl" video?  I don't like the US fold out "booklet" because it
feels cheap and I'm afraid of tearing it/having it fall apart over time.

Thanks to all who responded to my first group o' questions!

-Jamie

carameta@student.msu.edu

P.S.  I'm so jealous of you UK people who get first picks on Kate merchandise!
xoxo   ;-)