Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 02:15 CDT
Subject: Re: Questions
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9404270134.AA38370@student1.cl.msu.edu> you write:
> A friend of mine said that she's seen two versions of the Running Up That Hill
> video.  Is she hallucinating?  I've only seen the one where she's dancing w/
> that guy at the beginning and they're wrapping themselves around each other's
> bodies.  (FAB!)

   That is the actual video. eMpTyVee, for whatever reason, decided not
to play it, and requested a different one. The one that they played was
a TV show lip-sync from the British TV talk show "Wogan." Kate never
considered that a video and seemed perplexed that the real one was not
played.

> Also -
> Does anyone know what/who Organon is?

   THe home/workshop of Wilhelm Reich in Maine. More info, and Kate's
detailed explanation (an absolute necessity) is available in the
archives. See the recently posted FAQ.

> And did Kate release a video for her "Moments of Pleasure" single?  Was it
> shown on MTV in the U.S.?  Have they played her "Red Shoes" video in the U.S.?

   She did to MTV-europe, but to our knowledge it has never been played
on eMpTyVee-US. They have played _Eat The Music_, _And So Is Love_ and
_Rubberband Girl_.

> AND- is she planning on releasing a "Red Shoes Video Compilation"?

   It would make no sense at all *not* to. Estimates vary on the release
date, but she will probably release the complete film, _The Line, The
Cross & The Curve_.

> Those are all the questions I can think of for now.  Any info would be
> appreciated.  Thank you!!

> Does anyone know why she has two different album covers on her UK and US _The
> Kick Inside_?

   Lack of artistic control in the early part of her career. Uli pointed
out that there are actually *six* different covers.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)