Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Singles File

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 13:10 CDT
Subject: Re: Singles File
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>>I was at a record show in Cleveland this past Sunday, and I was
>>surprised to see two dealers selling THE SINGLES FILE; complete
>>with all singles and book.
>>
>>Furthermore, I was surprised with how inexpensive they were. I
>>payed $150 a few years back for mine. If anyone is looking for
>>a VG+ copy let me know, as one dealer was only asking $100,
>>and he is from Cleveland.
>
>I was fortunate enough to pick up the singles file for $50 (no tax)
>Canadian!

   The disappointing sales of _The Red Shoes_ may be paying off in
unexpected ways. The tremendously over-inflated prices of Kate-stuff
seem to be headed back down from the sky. That and a bloated market
from too many "limited editions" and special packages.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)