Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: STOP IT, CHILDREN. NOW. (I swear...)

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 12:05:36 +0200
Subject: Re: STOP IT, CHILDREN. NOW. (I swear...)
To: love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Jorn writes:

>In article <2pg8e6$fgc@solaris.cc.vt.edu>,
>Heath David <hart@corona.math.vt.edu> wrote:
>>Look, Chris and Jorn.  I survived that catfight you two had a while
>>back over what-Vickie-did-or-didn't-say-and-who-did-what.  I'm NOT
>>going to watch you two go through this again over
>>who-stole-what-from-Ron-Hill.
>>
>>Please stop this now before it gets started.  *grrrrrrrr*
>
>To paraphrase (if I understand this right):
>Heath does not object to Uli's plagiarism.
>Heath objects to Jorn's protests about Uli's plagiarism.
>Heath does not object to Chris's malicious falsifications (the status quo).
>Heath objects to Jorn's protests against Chris's malicious falsifications.
>
>What ever happened to concern for justice???

First of all I don't find anything in Heath David's statements that supports
the paraphrases about plagimarism.
Secondly: It's interesting to see how some people seems to be obsessed
with the thought of hurting eachother, and taking every chance to throw
a punch.
The fact that we must not forget is that the FAQ was made for the
benefit of mankind, and even if Uli is the one who distributes it,
he himself has stated that he is *not* the author of the FAQ, but that
it is a compilation of info. from a lot of people, that he has made.
Uli himself has not claimed the exclusive rights to it, but stated that
it should be Public Domain.

For the benefit of mankind.

There's no reason to be unkind.

Mikael Jakonen                          That cloud looks like industrial waste
i23mikja@gandalf.his.se                                  Live Long and Prosper

PS Christopher Oliver, do you still not agree that intellect should rule,
and that emotions are destructive? ;^)