Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kon Questions (was Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.109

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 14:42:07 EDT
Subject: Kon Questions (was Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.109
To: kate.;@pilot.njin.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

> From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: who's going to the KonvenTion?
> METH@delphi.com (Suspended In Duct Tape) writes:
>
> > That's where I was thinking of staying.... if possible, we could make this
> > our Love-Hounds home base.  What do people think?  Just who is going to this
> > thing, anyway?
>
> Well, I am, but I'm booked at the Regent Palace hotel, which looks
> nice'n'handy for Leicester Square, btw. I know Neil is also going, but
> I don't know for certain which other UK Love-Hounds are (Andy?). Looks
> like it'll be a smaller turnout than last time. Anybody coming from
> Europe? Uli?

I think it should be just as big, if not bigger. From what I know, lots
of people are coming from Europe and England. Funny, there's actually
been more talk about the KonvenTion in Ecto than in LH/rmg. Not info
from the Homeground folks (you haven't missed anything) but talk among
folks who are going and those who can't (at least 75% of Ectophiles are Kate
fans too, and no one's seemed to mind the Kon talk. No one's said anything,
anyway)

I have a couple of questions though...Peter?

What time do the doors open? Also, how is the place set up? Is it an
open space like the last time, or a theater-like setting with fixed
seats? I think it would be great to get an area for love-hounders/
gaffians/ectophiles to sit together, the way it was the last time.

> Anybody know if IED's coming?

Yep :)

Vickie

"Imagination sets in, then all the voices begin..." KTB