Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 00:10 CDT
Subject: Re: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Uli writes:
>>This FAQ may be redistributed in its entirety in any form on any medium,
>>even be sold.

and Jorn replies:
>Newcomers should understand that, although my name appears nowhere on it,
>large portions of this faq are minimal paraphrases of my original work,
>which I asked to be withdrawn on the grounds that I completely abhor
>the atmosphere of totalitarianism that has become the accepted norm
>on r.m.g.
>
>I consider Uli's 'generosity' entirely bogus.

   Jorn's contributions were a paraphrase of *Ron Hill's* original work,
which Ron had the generosity and grace to contribute freely to the
knowledge of all Kate fans. The only part that Jorn contributed that
remains essentially the same is the "Yes, she is a fox" bit, that I have
always considered sexist. Uli, please lose it.

   The FAQ is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. The reason that such
lists are *possible* is that correct, consise *answers* exist. There are
a limited number of ways that common knowledge can be phrased without
cost to the information.

   I am one of the people that Jorn accuses of "totalitarianism."
*Jorn* is the one trying to impose his will upon the group, and limit
information. I, whatever my faults, have always done my best to share
my knowledge and encourage others to share Kate-related information.
Who is the totalitarian?

   Jorn *has* made valuable contributions to love-hounds; the "Cap
Project" and his work deciphering the original lyrics to _The
Sensual World_. These (and others) remain worthwhile contributions
to our collective understanding of Kate's work. Like Timothy Leary's
early work, it remains good long after it's creators mind has gone.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)