Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gaffa meet Milla

From: iago@merle.acns.nwu.edu (Valerie Nozick)
Date: 17 Apr 1994 22:47:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Gaffa meet Milla
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hurrah!  I'm not the only person who thinks Milla sounds like Tori at times. I
can't decide what it is about the album that sounds like Tori.  It's not her
voice, since she doesn't hit Tori's high notes or have Tori's breathiness.
It's not the music.  All I can say is that she uses music in a similar way.
The lyrics seemed cliched to me until I heard them with the music.  Together,
each song is a gem.

I'd have to say that Milla has grabbed me in a way that no other new artist
has since Tori.  The album is not perfect.  She definitely has some room to
grow.  But the potential is there.

Is there anyone on gaffa who knows Russian well enough to make out all the
lyrics of In a Glade?  My 3 years of russian aren't quite enough unless I
spend an afternoon with the dictionary. :(

==> valerie