Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gaffa meet Milla

From: williasr@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu
Date: 16 Apr 1994 17:36:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Gaffa meet Milla
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> William C. Hendricks (wchendri@rodan.syr.edu) wrote:
> : It is my understanding that rec.music.gaffa is open to discussion of
not only
> : Kate Bush but also artists expected to be of interest to those who
appreciate
> : whatever genre of music she belongs to (sophisticated female vocal
perhaps).

> : Personally I have not been impressed by any other of the popular
artists
> : mentioned (at least among Tori Amos and Happy Rhodes) in fact my taste
in
> : music outside of Kate Bush tends toward jazz and unusual rock bands
like
> : King Crimson and Captain Beefheart.
>
> : Nevertheless, upon reading a favorable review in Rolling Stone
magazine,
> : I was inspired to purchase Milla _The Divine Comedy_.

Um. I picked up the album as well. I think the vocal, in places, is very
much like Tori Amos, so of these comments seem contradictory; however,
I've not listened to a lot of Tori stuff so I wouldn't want to say anymore
than that there is a similarity between their vocals.  At the same time,
she has her own unique style. I'd reccommend it to anyone looking for
something new.  After I picked up all the Kate Bush albums, I had to find
something new myself, and Milla was my choice.  Not a bad choice for a
Kate Bush or Tori fan...

(another) Steven Williams

--
williasr@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu
"Share my highs but the times that he hurts pay no mind"