Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What was the Worst Song of 80's

From: jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 08:25:49 -0500
Subject: Re: What was the Worst Song of 80's
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2ok96c$rv@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu>,
R S Rodgers <rsrodger@wam.umd.edu> wrote:

>	The worst?  Kate Bush's buchery of Rocket Man.

I suspect this is just flame-bait, but it's close enough to Richard
Caldwell's opinion that I'm not sure...

Roy, if you read this group, what do you think of Red Shoes (the album)?

My own feeling about Rocketman is that it signals Kate's rebirth, as
what might be called a 'post-rock' artist, and that TRS is her first
masterpiece in this new genre...

(Also, Roy, did you ever see the Rocketman video?  It's heartbreakingly
gorgeous, imho...)

(love to Trigger! ;^)