Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Requesting info. about KaTe songs

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 13:17:55 +0200
Subject: Requesting info. about KaTe songs
To: love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I'm compiling a tape at home, which I thought would be a good
presentation of KaTe's music. To that tape I'd like to write
a formal introduction to each song. The problem is that I haven't
got the lyrics to any of them, and I'm not sure I got the
context of some of them right. So please help me with this.

I would like you to write what the song is about (eg. Pull out
the Pin is about a Vietnamese farmer who don't want to fight
Americans, but still has to... Pulling out the safty pin of the hand-
grenade) and if KaTe herself has given any comments about the song.

These are the songs:

Them heavy people
The man with the child in his eyes

In search for Peter Pan
Wow
Oh England, my Lionheart
Hammer horror

Babooshka
Egypt
Violin
The infant kiss

Suspended in gaffa
The Dreaming
Night of the swallow

Running up that hill
Hounds of love
Big Sky
Under ice
Waking the witch
Jig of life

The sensual world
Reaching out

Constellation of the heart
Big stripey lie
Why should I love you

December will be magic again
Passing through air
Ran Tan Waltz

You may have noticed that some 'important' songs are missing, or that
there are songs that do not belong here. I'm already sure about the context
of some of the songs, that's why they are not in the list.
Additional info. about the last three will be appriciated, since I don't
know anything about them, exept that they are lovely. Are they b-sides, or
Tv-preformances?

Mikael Jakonen                                      That cloud looks like snow

i23mikja@gandalf.his.se                                  Live Long and Prosper