Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I'm irritated at EMI . . .

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (throttled by meredith)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 18:54:31 EDT
Subject: Re: I'm irritated at EMI . . .
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

"Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com> sez:
>Is anyone else bothered by EMI suddenly acting like one of those bootleg
>outfits?

you know, there has been enough derision on the net regarding this
recent trend that i'm sure a petition condemning it, with a long list
of names attached, could be compiled and sent to the guilty record
companies.

>While I think TRS CD Single is lovely, I think Kate must have a stockpile
>of songs other than previously released ones they can draw on.

considering the pace at which she releases albums, i tend to doubt that
she has perfected enough songs, in *her* opinion, to the point where
she would feel comfortable releasing them - even as a b-side.

i wonder if the relationship between novercia and emi also has anything
to do with the dearth of unreleased b-sides in recent years.

>And splitting the two versions of TRS into two CDs in two separate weeks
>REALLY bugs me.  I work in marketing and don't like to see this sort of
>cheesy crap associated with God and Her Music!

the other way to look at this is that emi thinks KaTe has enough chart
potential (at least in england) that she merits a two part single to
place her on the same playing field as others in the uk charts. while
there is a rash of two part singles these days, it seems to be the
popular artists who have them the most.

+woj