Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kick Inside video from Efteling

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 94 02:18 CDT
Subject: Re: Kick Inside video from Efteling
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0pph3b-000ADWC@zoodle.robin.de> Uli writes:
>A friend of mine found a very interesting question regarding the Efteling videos:
>
>In the video for The Kick Inside Kate lies in a boat, or better a death barge, and
>seems to say good-bye. So far so good. Now Kate has white hair in that video.
>So far so good. Death -> old age -> white hair. But wait! old age? Remember
>that Kate (or rather the character she portrais) hasn't died from old age but
>rather committed suicide because she was pregnant from her brother. So why does
>someone who's quite young and committed suicide have white hair?

   A very good question, but one that we are unlikely to ever find an
answer for. Or the answer may be entirely banal - for instance:

Q. Why is Kate wearing roller skates in the video for "Sat In Your Lap?"
A. Because she had just learned how!

   It may be that the director or makeup person on the TV show thought
it was a good idea, and Kate (in the all-too agreeable way of her early
career - see the Japanese videos) went along with it. They may have
simply wanted to reenforce the idea that she was dying, rather than
just lying in the bottom of a boat.

   There are a lot of odd things in those videos. Why are the headstones
dancing? Why can't Kate-in-the-crystal-ball keep a straight face? Why
is she such an awful magician? WHO picked out some of those OUTFITS?!?

   There are some things man was never meant to know.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)