Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

please explain

From: rutgers!acfcluster.nyu.edu!rbm9295@cmcl2.nyu.EDU
Date: 7 Apr 94 14:37:46 GMT
Subject: please explain
To: rec-music-gaffa@cmcl2.nyu.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

	A few years back I was a full-time LoveHound. Nowadays I only
read the newsgroup maybe once every six months. Nothing personal, I
just gave up newsgroup reading in general for various reasons.
	Well, the last couple of times I've checked into rec.music.gaffa,
I have surprised--nay, asTOnished--to see numerous postings about
Tori Anus, many even combining comments about her and about Kate in
the same paragraph.
	It must be just me, 'cause so far, everything I've heard of
Tori's music reminds me of high school coffee houses, where under-
talented adolescent girls recited their god-awful poetry or sang
unbearable folk songs about imagined tragic romances.
	My conclusion is that I must be missing something, since so
many of you seem to have become devotees of Tori. But what truly
blows my mind is the continual mention of her in this newsgroup.
How can people with outstanding taste (Kate goes over the heads
of so many people) be so enamoured of this bloated wench? Is it
just because she's a solo female piano-based singer/songwriter,
a la Kate?