Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 94 16:48:34 PDT
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Someone asked about The Line, The Cross, The Curve:

chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) answers:

>   The opinion seemed to be:
>
>Kate is not a great actress

Actually, it's hard to tell.  She maybe had three lines of actual
(spoken) dialog in the whole film.  When singing, even the best dramatic
actor looks like William Shatner.

>Kate is a pretty good director with a great sense of color.

Agree.

>The script doesn't make a great deal of sense, but it worked in
>it's own way.

Agree.

>It was much better than "Cats" and they want to see it again and again.

I never saw "Cats" - isn't that that musical by Andrew Dice Webber,
writer of offensive musicals? - Wait, no, that was - oh, nevermind...
However, I do want to see it again and again.

One point I'd like to bring up - during "And So Is Love", we see a
bird flying around the room, but then the bird dies at the end (this
seen, apparently, is also shown in the video for ASiL).

My question:  Did the (real) bird really get killed?  Or did Kate (the
real, live director, NOT the character she was playing) just HAPPEN
to have a dead, stuffed bird lying around?  Does she have a friend who's
a taxidermist?  My point:  For someone who's as animal-rights as Kate is,
killing off a bird (or even exploiting an already-dead bird), even for
the sake of art, seems someone out-of-character.

                                       Stev0 of
                                        Stev0 of Cupertino
                                         steve.b@tqs.com (mine)
                                          steve.b@tqs.com (mine)