Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe Laser Discs

From: allen_watson@quickmail.apple.com (Allen Watson III)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 21:21:49 GMT
Subject: Re: KaTe Laser Discs
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@gallant.apple.com

In article <2mooec$3j3@tribune.usask.ca>, elke@willow.usask.ca (Nathan
Elke) wrote:

> Hello. I was wondering if the following KaTe videos are on laser disc as
> well as video tape (I've seen the tapes in stores, but I want them on LD
> if possible):
> 	The Sensual World (I'm pretty sure I saw it on LD in the States,
> 			   but not 100% sure)
> 	The Single File
> 	Live at the Hammersmith
>
> Are there any other videos I'm missing of the list? I already have The
> Whole Story on LD.

At one time or another, all the video collections have been available on
laserdisc from Japan, including _Hair of the Hound_ (content later
incorporated into _The Whole Story_).  The only one I've seen domestically
is _The Sensual World_, on a 10" disc.

Look for a dealer who imports LDs from Japan, and be prepared to pay high
prices.