Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KB Demos available

From: davisg@ava.bcc.orst.edu (Glen Davis)
Date: 26 Mar 1994 23:40:56 GMT
Subject: KB Demos available
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I just have to post this, as I don't know anybody around here who would care.
I was down at our only independent record store in town (a town of about 40 K)
to browse through their new CDs (which they only have maybe 200) which
are kept in a case so you can't actual see them very well.  There was one that
I couldn't read the spine on, so I peered at the back to see if I recognized
the songs so I figure out the artist; to my amazement I could make out "The
Kick Inside", Hammer Horror" and a song called "Rose Growing Old".  The
adrenalin pumping, I asked to see THAT cd.  He handed me a cd with The K.T.
Bush Band on the cover!  Trembling, I turned it over and was even more amazed
it contained 26 songs of which there were many I'd never heard of!
    So here's the scoop since I've never seen a listing for this cd.  Is it a
rare find?  (obviously its somewhat rare to ever find any 'boot' KB).
Title: Kate Bush - Shrubberies
Red Robin Records, no date anywhere, on the cd itself it has: KBCD 940111
It's a digipak (too bad) with a black n white cover of what appears to be
about a 14-16 year old Kate singing into a mic with a bearded drummer with
very long hair behind her.  On the bass drum it says "The K.T. Bush
(Band)--you can't actually see the word Band.  It's got six full color photos
of KaTe on the inside panel (I've never seen any of them before).
So what's on it?  It's presumably demo recordings of just KaTe and her piano
for 22 songs and presumably the K.T. Bush Band for 4 songs (3.5 really).
The recording is fair to good for demos.  They're not lifted from an album as
there are no surface noises.  The piano demos are a better recording than the
4 band ones.
The songs: (as listed)
1. The Kick Inside        15. In My Garden
2. Hammer Horror          16. Frightened Eyes
3. Rose Growing Old       17. Disbelieving Angel
4. Keep Me Waiting        18. Never the Less
5. Kashka from Baghdad    19. Good Night Baby
6. Coming Up              20. So Soft
7. Oh, To Be In Love      21. I Don't See Why I Shouldn't
8. Playing Canasta        22. Davey
9. Snow                   23. Babooshka (half the song)
10. Ferry Me Over         24. Moving
11. Lionheart             25. Don't Put Your Foot on Your Heartbrake
12. Violin                26. Kite
13. Craft of Love
14. Queen Eddie

I was so excited about all this, I haven't even listened to the whole thing
yet-- I had to come over to post this.  A must for colleKTors.
So experts (Uli, Chris n Vickie, Andy, etc.), is this a cd from an album
(maybe Alone at Her Piano? which I've never seen) or what?

The same store also had another KB boot cd called, B Sides.  I'd never seen
this one before either but it seemed to have all songs that are now available on
TWW box set (which I already have).  Can anybody confirm this?

Happy in Cowvalley,
Glen Davis