Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello? Sony Music Distribution mailing w/button

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 94 13:58:40 PST
Subject: Hello? Sony Music Distribution mailing w/button
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi Ya'all,

Sitting in my mail box at home today was a mailing from "Sony Music
Distribution" at 185 N. Redwood Drive, Suite 100, San Raafael, CA. 94903.
Coincidentally was another mailing from TIME WARNER & SONY in Deer Park,
New York.  Anyway, first things first:

The SMD mailing contained an Alison Moyet CD single called
"Whispering Your Name", with an extended mix and 3 other cuts.  Now also
in the envelope was a _The Red Shoes_ little button, the stock one that
they gave out at Tower with a picture of the cover.  Absolutely NO letter
or note explaining anything, no bios, nothing other than what I mentioned.
I suspect since it came from San Rafael (north SF Bay), they got my name
either from the lithograph entries at Tower or the goodies entry from
Mod Lang.  Or maybe from Karen, especially being that she's all "in" with
the record executives and such. ;-)

The other thing is a nice catalog of music, videotapes, gifts, and
collectibles from I assume the Time, Warner, and Sony holdings.  At first
glance, no _TLTCTC_ on lazerdisk.  I'll look again.

Larry (larry@hal.com)