Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New KT & interview clip on MTV

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 1994 05:54:32 -0700
Subject: New KT & interview clip on MTV
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

"And So Is Love" was played on US MTV's 120 Minutes.  I'm pretty sure
it was directly from the film but I have not been reading the
summaries of the film (to avoid spoiling it for me) so I can't be 100%
certain.  Briefly this is what was in it: Kate in a room lighting a
lamp and singing.  Later a bird flies about the room and she is able
to hold it and then sets it free, only to have it crash into a window
and die.  Very simple and different for US MTV.  (yay!)

After the video they showed a brief clip of her talking about making
videos and the parallels between them and making music.  She was
wearing a grey shirt and a necklace with a crescent.  She said at the
end "So in some ways I think I'm intrigued about the idea of making a
film of some kind that would incorporate music and visuals."
Obviously this sounds old.  Anyone seen this before?  I can transcribe
the rest but it's not much.

After that they said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about her film!  &$*%@&!!!!
What Lewis Largent *did* say was "Just can't get enough of old Kate.