Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: THE BEST WORKS 1978-1993 Jap. promo

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 1994 04:21:59 -0700
Subject: Re: THE BEST WORKS 1978-1993 Jap. promo
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez) writes:
->Trabuco Canyon, CA.  They're selling what they call "The very rare 2 CD
->Japanese Only promo release for "Red Shoes" [sic] (Toshiba-EMI)."  The
->8. Rubberband Girl (Extended mix) 7.06  8. Hounds of Love 3.02
->9. ETM (Madacascan Remix) 9.21          9. The Big Sky 4.41
->                                        16.Running Up That Hill 5.45 [??]
->these "best works." Has this "Madacascan" remix of ETM ever been released
->before?  It's not on the U.S. CD single for ETM (but I'm relying on memory
->here, which is always dangerous).  Is it on the UK single?

Maybe you found out by now that the time they list for EtM (Mad...) is
the same as the time listed for the US single's EtM (12" Version).
Hmmm.  The US (and UK I guess) single's RbG (Extended Mix) is 7:07.
The second RUTH has the same time as that on TWW II (I don't know what
it was on before that).  Double hmmmm. :)

->How many repackagings of _TRS_ does this make it (not counting bootlegs)?

Too many. :)  On a related note, we still haven't seen any official
limited edition TRS have we?

->Do I ask a lot of questions?

Sounds like it deserves The Spanish Inquisition. :)

->                       are made to hold 2 CDs. And he said he has "a few"
->                       copies for sale. But for $500.00 a pop?? Will Kate-
->                       fans *really* pay "anything" for rare Kate releases?

I guess he'll find out what some will do, but not from me.  :)

/-\ |_ |= ><  arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu (MST=GMT-7) MST3k 42 KT
"I'm trying to figure out which lie to believe." -- The X-Files
"It's time the network took a stand on this kind of mur/mur/murder...
 preferrably against it."  - Max Headroom
"The night is my companion; the solitude my guide."  -- Sarah McLachlan