Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Woomera

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 21:08:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Woomera
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Flat on my back again.  I tell you folks, lift with your legs!  Once you
screw up your back it is over.

One advantage to forced bed rest is that holding still for more than five
minutes gives one time to read.  In my usual peculiar manner I was
reading a dictionary -- to be specific the Random HOuse Word Menu.

One of the words in the Word Menu is "Woomera".  Heard that before?  Here
is the meaning:

woomera: wooden rod with notched end, used to propel spear or projectile
<Australian Aborigine>.

Wonder what else is in this thing?

Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com