Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TL,TC,TC--PLAY IT AGAIN!

From: drk@leland.Stanford.EDU (David Koehler)
Date: 28 Feb 1994 19:58:43 GMT
Subject: Re: TL,TC,TC--PLAY IT AGAIN!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello,

It was wonderful!  Larry really captured the mood in his summary post.
It was good to see the Katemas regulars again -- Larry, Karen, Steve0, Bill.
No IED, he was in New York.  I also met numerous other charming and devoted
fans whose names I cannot remember.  Moments before the film the excitement
in the theatre was dizzying.  Sure it was only half full, but most of the
people there seemed to be pretty psyched.  Highlights for me were ASiL
(a reference to the quote in my .sig maybe?), MoP (beautiful!) and EtM
(delerious!).  I don't care much for the song, but the EtM section was
the highlight for me.  I thought Kate's acting was a little stiff, but
pretty good overall.  Miranda Richardson was "over-the-top", kind of like
Jack Nicholson's Joker, but not quite as good as Nicholson.  Lindsay Kemp
was simply perfect in his role.

still spinning,
      David R. Koehler                  "Wings fill the window
   drk@leland.stanford.edu               And they beat and bleed"  -- K. Bush