Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos?

From: David.Vinson@lambada.oit.unc.edu (david eugene vinson)
Date: 28 Feb 1994 18:30:15 GMT
Subject: Re: Tori Amos?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2kqdcv$nca@ionews.io.org>,
Mark Terka <werewolf@ionews.io.org> wrote:

>Sorry guys....but can someone give me more info on Tori Amos? I see her
>name popping up ALL over the place (particulary in the pagan oriented
>newsgroups).
>
>I take it she is a folk musician with a taste for the eclectic, much like
>our own (ie Canada's) Loreena McKennit. Is she a paler version of Kate
>or something?

Exactly. You could not have put it any more plainly. She's enjoyable,
some of her songs are interesting lyrically, and I enjoy both of her albums
immensely, but she is still Kate-Lite. Or, God help us, Katemania!

dave
--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information