Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:TRS sales

From: freeform@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 94 15:50:24 EST
Subject: Re:TRS sales
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: "freeform" <freeform@aol.com>

Hello...

First of all I would also say who cares about chart figures and such for TRS.
  All of us want Kate to be financially successful, and I'm sure that she did
earn quite a bit of money for the album.   But I would like to point out that
TRS made #28 on the album charts, and RBG was her biggest "hit" in America
since 1985, and in my area no less than 4 songs from the album were getting
substantial radio airplay.    If that is not success, what is?     Kate is
MUCH more successful in America than a lot of the other female artists that
we talk about here, like Jane and Sarah.    Did Jane's latest album even make
the charts here?   When you look at it that way, TRS seems like a good
success, to me anyway...

Charles