Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Success and TRS

From: ***SEMPSY*** <cmh205@cck.coventry.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 12:46:53 GMT
Subject: Success and TRS
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

What annoys me about it all was the total lack of effort by EMI
and Kate over the selection of tracks for MOP in the UK.
Admittedly it would be nice for Kate to get a bit more recognition
sometimes,ie more personal promotion,but you can accept that Kate
wants her privacy.When you select tracks which have had several
releases before it's just a downright rip-off.The point about
liking music which is not comercially successful and not liking
music which is commercial is too general. Not all music that
charts is rubbish, although I can accept that a lot is.
Unfortunately i know too many people who refuse to listen to
musicians who have been successful,because of the thoght that they
must have "sold out". In the end they miss out on a lot of good
music.For instance I know someone who dislikes Tori Amos just
because she got to number 4 in the charts recently.