Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate is 'darling of the year 1993'

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 1994 19:37:00 +0100
Subject: Kate is 'darling of the year 1993'
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

The pop poll 93 of the German magazine Musikexpress/sounds (2/94) has Kate
at the top of the vote list in the category 'darling of the year'. I don't know
how that vote took place, but I presume that me/sounds gave a list of
people/bands in each of the many categories, and in one Kate is on top:

Darling of the year:
--------------------
 1. Kate Bush (22.5%)
 2. Madonna (14.5%)
 3. Bjoerk (11.0%)
 4. Kim Wilde (11.0%)
 5. Mariah Carey (8.5%)
 6. Nina Hagen (7.6%)
 7. Vanessa Paradis (7.6%)
 8. Cher (5.8%)
 9. Linda Perry (5.8%)
10. Janet Jackson (5.6%)

Since the percentages sum up to 99.9% I assume you could only choose between
these ten. To be at the bottom really should worry you...

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionary is brooding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."