Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

in re: Marion & Isolde

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 11:52:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: in re: Marion & Isolde
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I remember reading several times in my meanderings through mythology and
religeon books that Marion is one of the manifestations of the Goddess in
Celtic/Anglo-Saxon folktales.  She is whom Robin must wed in order to
truly rule the land, as ownership was passed through female lineage --
just as Arthur had to wed Guinhwyver in order to truly be king.

I find it amusing that Kate, our English Rose, chose two women from
English mythology rather than two female characters from the Bible for
her song . . .

Since Celtic mythology has been popularized somewhat lately you can
easily find books on related subjects.

Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com