Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate promoting Zorn's philosophy?

From: larry@csccat.cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: 11 Feb 94 02:10:31 CST (Fri)
Subject: Re: Kate promoting Zorn's philosophy?
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@netcom.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

[attributions accidentally nuked, sorry - LS]

>>emotionally, and they reflect the state that you're in at the time. This album
>>has been a very big transition point for me. Right from the beginning of
>>writing there was a different energy coming out. It probably sounds a bit
>>silly. But I do believe that the people who are in the studio exude an energy
>>into the tape which is very much to do with what they feel. It's a very
>>emotional process, really. And when you get these close working relationships
>>with people, you start to get this weird communication."
>
>excuse me?  exude energy into the tape?  not to start another gaffa war
>or anything, but this struck me as very funny :-)

Me too.  Especially since _TRS_ was recorded digitally... Can we perhaps
infer from this that someone as "sensitive" as Kate hasn't noticed any
loss of emotional "imprint" from using digital rather than analog media?  %)

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat.cs.com