Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Frank Gaffa

From: sander@csulb.edu (Sander R. Wolff)
Date: 9 Feb 1994 01:19:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Frank Gaffa
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Face it!  Zappa WAS a genius!  I think that he felt that people, when
listening to music, tend to get blissed out and complacent rather than
actively participating in the music.  I think that he wrote songs about
disgusting topics because no one else was, because it's funny (really!)
and because it had shock value.  Not all songs have to be about sublime
topics.  Often, sublime topics are so removed from daily life that they
become meaningless.  Everyone has had an encounter with a stinky, hairy
asshole!