Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

reply to some stuff

From: CS6347@ACSPR1.acs.brockport.edu
Date: 04 Feb 94 00:57:35 EST
Subject: reply to some stuff
To: Love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

unfortunately my editor does not seem to have a quote function so I
will have to go by memory here.
1st - thanks to all the Love Hounds that expressed enthusiasm for my
Prince/Kate connection theory. I will be responding to you individually
soon - when I have some free time
2nd - Doug Alan mentioned that in my theory I negelected the obvious
combination of male and female signs. Sorry. I thought I did mention
this. True. This is very obvious but does not discount other theoires.
I don't know about you but I am not the type of person who says that
one single theory is right and then discounts the rest. If it fits -
it works, There are all sorts of sorts of explanations of the Prince
symbol and a lot of them work. One of my favorites is that it supposedly
resembles a Sanskirt word meaning 'nonsense.' For me, this fits just
as wel as anything else. Basically, I am saying that there can be several
things that work, all EQUALLY valid, whether it pertains to Kate or anyone
else.
3rd - afriend of mine was at Tower back in Dec. for the Kate appearance.
Since there are no archives available yet from that period I would be
interested in hearing from anyone that was there about their experience
and my frined (who was about #20 in line) would like to hear from the
guy who was standing next to him. You are named Ken and go to the Columbia
school of something or other (I'm sorry I forget) - Chicago? My friend
was in line with somebody else and had red hair - about 5" 10
. He left the line for a few hours under the pretence that he was going
to use the Mcdonalds bathroom but actually went to Revolutin records
to buy Prince boots. Oh yeah, he had a copy of Cathy (I won't reveal
how he got it) for Kate to sign. If you can contact me I would appreciate
it.
4th - Again, back to you Doug. You mentioned that the image of the key
and locks goes back to the Dreaming - true enough, but I am mentioning
a specific reference, not just any key, but the key to heaven. If you
want to get technical then we can trace the image back even further -
to the single Wuthering Heights.Probaly the major image in the novel
it was taken from is the image of keys and locks and doors that cannot
be unlocked.

Why Are you so arrogant - Kirstie Alley to Prince - "Arrogance"