Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Like Water For Chocolate

From: merlin@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (john higdon)
Date: 30 Jan 94 22:21:24
Subject: Like Water For Chocolate
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I just came back from seeing the above-mentioned Mexican film for the second
time.  Has anybody else seen this movie, and loved it?  Except for a little
mystic goofiness which does add some to its charm, it is a lovely film.

Kate-relation?  *SPOILER*  At least for those who have absolutely no knowledge
of the plot of the film, and want to remain ignorant until they see it.  Other-
wise, I would not really say it spoils anything.

Anyway, early in the film, the main character Tita is in her room, feeling sad
and empty because her mother has successfully given the hand of Rosaura, one of
Tita's sisters, to Pedro, Tita's boyfriend.  They had sworn their love for each
other not long before.  So, Tita's in her room, feeling sad, and the narrator
explains to audience exactly how she feels.  It goes something like (excuse me
for being such a bad paraphraser) this:

	"It is took bad that black holes had not been discovered yet, because
	 then Tita would have realized that a black hole had settled inside
	 of her, and allowed cold air to rush inside of her...."

Sounds like she needs the help of a certain group of four angels, one before
her, one behind her, and so on.

By the way, now that Gaffa is indeed back online, I'd like to repeat my
question (hopefully) one last time:  any news on the T-shirt?

John H.  (Too proud to reduce himself to sellin .sigs along the information
	  highway.)