Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Found old Kate Bush ftp site

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 1994 07:09:47 -0700
Subject: Found old Kate Bush ftp site
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu
Cc: arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU

Well, I was in ftp about to get procmail, did an ls, and saw:
  KateBush
"What!!?", I thought.

When?  Who?  Where?  What?  Good questions.  It's stuff from 87-89,
judging from the contents of the files, although the dates on the
files are all the same (July 8, 1993).  There is a lot of stuff from
old IED posts.  Is he responsible for this or someone else?  I don't
know if there is anything unique here, such that it should be in the
FAQ, but if so then maybe the item(s) should be moved to one of the
major sites.  I know I found stuff interesting, but it's not like I've
read all the archives or the entire Garden.  The rest is answered in
this brief ftp sessions excerpt, with my [comments] added:

...            ------------------
...                 ----------------
...       -------------
> total 118
>   10 TAPE
>    2 essays/
>   18 fanzine-addresses
>    2 interpretation/
>    2 kate-says/
>    8 kate-with-love-contents		[contents of bootleg book]
>    2 lyrics/
>    4 merchandise			[address in UK to order, too old?]
>   34 my-kb-int-questions		[questions to ask KT, from IED???]
>    2 rna-bitmaps/
>    2 trivia				[I forget, must have been trivial :]
>   14 whole-story-book			[IED review and cool KT letter]
>    6 wickham-farm			[description of where and what]
>
> ./essays:
> total 14
>   10 the-studio
>
> ./interpretation:
> total 8
>    4 all-the-love
>
> ./kate-says:				[mostly interviews and publications]
> total 456
>    8 april-fools-88
>    8 bitz-85
>   26 blitz-85
>    6 captions
>   12 childhood-poems			[poems by young Kate]
>   18 city-limits-78
>   14 flexipop-about-childhood
>   90 gamaccini-80
>    6 kate-interviews-herself
>    2 kate-on-gaffa			[gaffer's tape answer]
>   30 kate-on-hounds-of-love
>   12 liam
>   26 melody-maker-78
>   18 music-journal-78
>   24 nme-79
>   20 pop-star-79
>   18 record-mirror-78
>   26 record-mirror-81
>   18 rythms-of-the-world-88
>   24 shearlaw-79
>   20 smash-hits-80
>    6 trio
>   20 trio-bulgarka-int
>
> ./lyrics:
> total 206
>    4 ballad-of-lizzie-wan
>    8 be-kind
>   10 cabin-boy
>   40 cathy-demos
>    4 december
>   12 demos
>    8 jig
>  102 most-lyrics
>    4 this-womans-work
>   10 two-magicians
>
> ./rna-bitmaps:
> total 10758
>    4 README				[describes these old images]
> [...]

AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"All the people in the club are babbling, but the instrument is talking, and
 I can but listen." <Kate commenting about Saxophone Song
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams