Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What Kate is listening to

From: UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 22:56:20 EST
Subject: What Kate is listening to
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@FTP.uu.net

In the Feb. 1994 issue of Musician, Kate is featured in the "What Are
You Listening to Lately" column. Here are her choices:

1) Talk Talk "Spirit of Eden"
2) Captain Beefheart "Blue Jeans and Moonbeams"
3) Frank Zappa "Overnite Sensation"
4) Eberhard Weber "Fluid Rustle"
5) Nigel Kennedy "The Four Seasons"

Cool list, eh? I must admit that I'm surprised that she would choose
"Overnite Sensation" as her Zappa pick...that's a good album, but
I wonder if she's heard "Hot Rats", "Uncle Meat", or any of Zappa's
orchestral works?  Is anyone familiar with "Fluid Rustle"??

(Sorry if this post is a rehash...I read the newsgroup, so its kind
of hard to tell whats been said on the list lately).

Paul M. Ramey                           Email: uk04160@ukpr.uky.edu
                                          or : uk04160@ukcc.uky.edu

         "I want the frighteningly original all the time"
                                                Frank Zappa