Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Elusive lyrics

From: gallaher@MOLLYBLOOM.msfc.nasa.gov (Mike Gallaher)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 15:28:07 CST
Subject: Elusive lyrics
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Rob Petrone says:
GAAACK!   Mike don't *tease* us!  What is the name you hear and where
in the dialoge do you hear it?!

Well, I wanted to test the waters first, because I'm new here.  I didn't
know whether I was actually onto something new or whether the character's
name was old news, so I'd like to here from some more folks out there
before I step forward and claim my fame.  So tell me, does anyone else
out there know the name?

When I first heard it (again, spoken twice by two different characters
in the intro to Waking the Witch) I was quite proud, and went to my
then-girlfriend (with whom I'd had many a discussion and dissection of
the work).  I told her I knew the name, and then she said...
"Does it mean anything?"
At this point I was really flabbergasted.  I hadn't bothered to ask
myself whether the name had meaning!  As soon as she asked, I screamed
"YES! YES! The name is perfect!  It's the only possible name she could
have!"
Yes, this name is so perfectly suited to the narrator of The Ninth Wave
that I cannot believe that I'm imagining things.  It *must be* the name.

So here's one more chance before I blow the lid.  Go home, listen
carefully, and find the name.

One hint: this name is *very* familiar (no, it's not "Kate!").