Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _The_Dreaming_ poster???

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 15:21:24 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: _The_Dreaming_ poster???
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

Vickie Says that Dan Says:
>favorite Kate album.  The longing look was because I _really_ *really* love
>that cover - the picture just visually defines the word "romance".  It's so
>great...

I have a poster of this also.

Isn't this a picture of Hudini's wife "passing the key" to her husband?
I didn't figure that out for a while, but if you listen to the song, she
is talking about putting a key in her mouth and passing it to him so he
can escape the "magic milk jug" or whatever. And the cover is Kate dressed
up as his wife...

It seems quite romantic... until you realize that she hated him. And (I
don't think) she was all that sad when they pulled him out of the water
dead.

Is this the impression everyone else has?

Aaron
ridley@zasu.sprl.umich.edu