Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ninth Wave

From: gallaher@MOLLYBLOOM.msfc.nasa.gov (Mike Gallaher)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 14:47:23 CST
Subject: Ninth Wave
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I saw the 1979 Werner Herzog film Nosferatu recently and was surprised to
hear one scene accompanied by the same male choir piece that Kate inserted
into "Hello Earth."  I had assumed, since the piece wasn't credited on
her album, that the section had been composed by whoever it was that was
listed as arranger (or conductor or something like that) on the album.  But
it is obviously a preexisting composition.  I didn't catch the title of
the composition on the credits; I thought maybe someone out there could find
a videotape of Nosferatu and get it.  Since it is a prominent part of one
of Kate's albums, it ought to be documented along with the rest of the
KTrivia we wallow in, right?

Another thing: I downloaded the complete lyrics listing, and I noticed that
in the transcription of the "conversational" intro to Waking the Witch,
the transcriber apparently does not hear what I hear, namely two instances
in which the name of the "narrator" of The 9th Wave is (to me) clearly
given.  The name is so perfect for the character that I cannot believe that
I'm imagining it.  Being new to the group, I just wondered if the character's
name has already been discussed, and if not, why isn't it documented
somewhere?

......................Mike Gallaher