Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Whole Video

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 1994 22:02:00 +0100
Subject: Re: The Whole Video
To: "Bradley N. Hutchinson" <bhutchin@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi Bradley,

> They (whatever random dander eating gods control this type
> of thing) have discontinued The Whole Story Video in the US and
> Canada.  What can I do?  My copy is dead and I have no other!!
> I thought this was no big deal since I could order a new copy.
> Oh, how the dogs of god laug.
> Any thoughts?  Any other countries that I can try to get it by
> mail order?

The only other country using NTSC would be Japan. You wouldn't be
able to use a European tape (PAL or SECAM) without a multinorm VCR&TV
or alternatively a VCR with PAL->NTSC converter. Oh yes, a PAL VCR&TV
would of course suffice too...

Basically the same applies for laserdiscs, though there aren't many
that play only PAL and I don't think there is a laserdisc player with
builtin converter. (Multinorm devices do exist.)

Ciao,

Uli

--
"Ich bin gluecklich verheiratet mit zwei Maedchen und einem Jungen"
- Roman Schedler in Aber Hallo, Jan. 23rd, 1993