Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gaffa

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 1994 00:08:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Gaffa
To: arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu
Cc: kyrlidis@templeton.cchem.berkeley.edu, johnh@astro.as.utexas.edu, love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi,

> > >a) Is there anything wrong with gaffa? I haven't seen any new articles
> > >since Tuesday.
> >

> > I haven't seen any real activity in the newsgroup either.  Just last night I

> Ditto.  The newsgroup is dead here.  Is the mailing list down too, or
> is it the link from the list to the newsgroup?  I just used gopher to

The mailing list seems to work fine. I told Bill Wisner that he has a bug
in the gateway software - if your article has it's own 'Newsgroups:'-headerline
(for example to crosspost between r.m.gaffa and r.m.info, r.answers, news.answers
as it's done for the FAQ) the gaffa software will still insert its own Newsgroups
line and so the crossposting is suppressed. Maybe Bill now doesn't include
the NG line even if there isn't one in the original? I'll ask him.

Ciao,

Uli

--
Will quote Douglas Adams for food - David Dixon
Will feed Douglas Adams for quotes - Alex Gibbs