Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on NPR

From: "/R=TNTVAX/R=MRGATE/R=MRTNT/U=jk3@tntvax.ntrs.com/FFN=jk3@tntvax.ntrs.com/"@mr.ntrs.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 10:00:25 CST
Subject: Kate on NPR
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Alternate-Recipient: prohibited
Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
Hop-Count: 0
Mr-Received: by mta TNTV2; Relayed; Fri, 21 Jan 1994 10:00:25 -0600 (CST)
Ua-Content-Id: Kate on NPR
X400-Mts-Identifier: [;G2EE1C9F921JAN199410002496]

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jk3@tntvax.ntrs.com
Date: 21 Jan 94 09:59:56 -0600

I was sooooo happy this morning to hear on my local NPR station (WBEZ in
Chicago) a segment on Kate Bush. I'll try to cpsulize it as best as possible
(luckily I had the whereabouts to tape it this morning while getting ready for
work.) A music critic (I forgot his name) suggested Kate has influenced women
singers like Tori Amos, Jane Siberry, and Sinead O'Connor. They also mentioned
that she doesn't tour because she's afraid of flying (I've heard that this was
a rumour -- can anyone confirm or deny.) I'm going to listen to the tape more
carefully this evening and if I find any addittional "nuggets" I'll post them.
Did anybody else here this???

J o e   K a s z y n s k i
C h i c a g o ,  I l l i n o i s
JK3@ntrs.com