Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "The Garden"

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 1994 01:34:00 +0100
Subject: Re: "The Garden"
To: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Cc: <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Hi!

> >    11. Wuthering Heights: lip-synch, on an April, 1978 edition
> > of German TV programme Top Pop. Note: Ruud says this is a Dutch
> > programme. Peter says it is German.
>
> Toppop was a Dutch programme, which ran, either from 1970 or 1975,
> until the late 1980s. I presume this recording is from this
> programme. I have never heard from a German Toppop. Maybe Uli
> knows. I have to assume this is a Dutch performance until proven
> otherwise.

I don't have a copy of the Toppop appearance, and I cannot remember
a German programme of that name. But that doesn't say too much since
in April 1978 I was 9 years old and listening to anything but pop.
For example today was the first day I heard ANYTHING about a German
programme named WWF-Club that was NOT Kate-related.

> >   100. Music Box: Kate is interviewed at some length, at the
> > London Palladium. Shown on U.K. (Sky) TV, ca. 1985-86.
> >     I have never seen this interview.
>
> Dunno if this has been talked about on the list already in the
> past, but I have this special, be it slightly edited (I cut out the
> Cloudbusting video 'cos I had recorded it several times before then
> - what a shame.) One can place it at the end of 1985, and the
> programme lasted for some 60 minutes. If it is still unknown by
> most of you, I can transcribe the lot. But I'm wondering if this is
> really such an unknown programme...?

I do have it (incl. Cloudbusting ;-) in not-too-good quality :-( ), and I don't
think it is toooo rare. Especially since I think I recognized the interview used
in that programme as being one that's also available on an interview disc (vinyl?
CD? dunno).

Ciao,

Uli

--
Will quote Douglas Adams for food - David Dixon
Will feed Douglas Adams for quotes - Alex Gibbs