Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Inquiry from a newbie

From: jdrukman@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1993 13:09:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Inquiry from a newbie

V1180G%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Rob Petrone) writes:
>Secondly, I was wondering if you have considered compiling a "Rare Songs
>and B-Sides" tape of all the songs of Kate's that were never released on
>any of her studio albums.  I can think of at least seven songs off hand:

> Candle in the Wind       (from the "Eat the Music" single)
> Rocket Man               (from the _Two Rooms_ album of various artists)
> Brazil                   (from the soundtrack to the movie _Brazil_)
> Ne T'En Fu Pas           (British B-Side to "There Goes a Tenner")
> Braiser D'Enfant         (from a Canadian mini-LP)
> Don't Give Up            (Duet with Peter Gabriel on his album _So_)
> Another Day in 1977      (from a BBC Christmas special)

>I have a copy of the last two only.  I could contribute them.  I'm sure
>there are other songs I don't know about.  So how 'bout it?

there are many others, but most of them are available in the Kate box
set "This Woman's Work" on two special "bonus tracks" CDs.  for
instance, the two french-language tracks you list above are on the
first bonus CD.

now, there are enough other tracks that EMI missed out floating around
to maybe make a bootleg CD compilation worthwhile.  if anyone wants to
undertake it, i have all the technical knowledge, but i don't want to
be involved other than as a knowledge provider...

--
Jon Drukman                                         jdrukman%dlsun87@oracle.com
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.