Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Lily" and religious references

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (mineswept)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 19:26:37 -0500
Subject: Re: "Lily" and religious references

aj796@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tippi Chai) sez:
>When KaTe invokes the 4 angels, they appear as they are called, each with
>an object of power.  I remember a Staff, a Sword, and a Silver Beach Ball -
>okay, an Orb.

>So, from what religion would the staff, sword and orb come from?

might they represent the line, the cross and the curve?

i suspect, however, that KaTe is using traditional christian imagery in
this case. the archangel michael is the defender of heaven and, as
such, is traditionally portrayed with a sword. auriel, as the angel of
earth, would probably be represented by an orb (though i have not
verified this - i can't seem to find any useful references in the house
(which is not surprising, i suppose).

+woj