Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

SALD & Re: NL TWW CD's

From: 100276.2176@CompuServe.COM (Marcel Rijs)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 16:02:01 -0500
Subject: SALD & Re: NL TWW CD's

Hi all,

First of all:  has anyone figured out the lyrics of Show a little
devotion yet? I have a bl**dy hard time figuring out some parts...

<elana@netcom.com (Elana Beach)> wrote:

> I was in the Netherlands about 5 weeks ago.
[...]
> Then, in the Virgin megastore in Amsterdam, he found one of the
> TWW special CDs being sold SINGLY with the rest of the Kate
> stuff. Sheesh, we thought, someone must be breaking up the box
> set. I sez to him, well if that's so, maybe you can get your
> hands on one of the TWW booklets for free.  The clerk told him it
> did not work that way...  "this is how it was ordered, this is
> how we got them" whatever that meant.
> So we went off to some other huge Amsterdam CD store which for
> the life of me, I cannot remember the name of.

It's called "Fame", FYI.

> There, my Netherlands friend found the *OTHER* TWW rare disk,
> along with a fair supply of both disks in the rack!  Being sold
> individually!  For about 40 guilders apiece. We found a clerk
> that apparently knew what she was talking about, and *SHE* said
> that the store was able to order these CDs individually from
> their supplier.  No, they were not breaking up the box. Their
> supplier was *offering* them this way. Well...  heck...
> The last thing I need is a bunch of Love-Hounds forming a lynch
> mob to kill the unfortunate messenger (me!) so I am BEGGING
> anyone in the Netherlands to PLEASE call the really major record
> stores in Amsterdam and FIND OUT WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON.
> For all I know, this was perhaps just an anomaly that was
> occuring in the time of mid-late November when I was there.

Well, these WERE the major record stores in Amsterdam you visited
(heck, I know: it's WAY to little), but what the clerk told you is
true. The TWW discs have been available separately practically
since the box's release back in november 1991. In the beginning a
friend of mine reported these boxes were indeed broken up, but as
time went on these discs have been available from EMI separately,
well, in the Netherlands anyway. The music library offers these
discs as well, and _not_ the box set (...as they obviously had the
previous discs already). So, to answer the question briefly: yes,
TWW part 1 & 2 are available separately in most stores in the
Netherlands, tho only the "really big ones" stock them. As a result
there are _no_ booklets available separately. (But the TWW box set
is rather cheap at Fame anyway..., well, cheaper at least than when
I bought it :-(  )

Goodbye for now, happy new year to _everyone_ here in case I don't
write before 01/01. Let's hope 1994 will be full of "Moments of
pleasure" !

Marcel Rijs                                       CIS 100276,2176
Den Haag  Netherlands     Also on an e-mail adress near you soon!
"I'm holding the baby she's rantanning constantly..." - Kate
Bush, Ran Tan Waltz