Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Joseph Campbell

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 05:58:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate and Joseph Campbell

In article <9312280211.tn33827@aol.com> you write:
>Hola:
>
>Does anyone know about the relationship between Kate and Joseph Campbell?  Is
>she talking about the real J.C. on the notes of TRS? Does Kate know J.C.? Can
>anyone enlighten me on this  subject?  Thank you.

   Joseph Campbell has been dead for a while, so I kind of doubt if they
have a close relationship. Kate could have been reading JC's works and
may have been impressed enough to credit him (posthumously) on the
album. Or this could be another person named Joseph Campbell.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)

>Does anyone know about the relationship between Kate and Joseph Campbell?  Is
>she talking about the real J.C. on the notes of TRS? Does Kate know J.C.? Can
>anyone enlighten me on this  subject?  Thank you.
>
>Joseba
>
>You were born and so you're free, so happy birthday-Laurie Anderson

"The real?"  Begs the question, dunnit?

Well, I know *I* sent her some of Joseph Campbell's books a while back
(might have been '87)--I would be surprised if I were the only person
who ever thought she might be interested.

Michael Butler