Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

mae moore

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (the dark saxophone)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 21:46:51 -0500
Subject: mae moore
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

am672@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (David J. Zimmerly) sez:
>While we're on the topic of cool Canadian female artists, another
>one you might add to your list is Mae Moore. Her first album
>"Bohemia" has been out here in Canada for about a year, but is
>only now washing-up on the shores of our neighbour to the south.

actually, _bohemia_ is not her first album - it's her second. i do not
know the title of the first; however, i have heard a few tracks off it
courtesy of much music's video spotlight on mae last year (with a tip
of the hat to tippi chai) and am just as happy not knowing the title as
they are a bit more rocky and less interesting that what is on _bohemia_.

>Put this lass in the same anointed circle as Sarah, Jane etc. for
>she certainly deserves to be there and you'll soon know why.

_bohemia_ is a fuzzy, mellow, autumnal record good for zoning out on
grey septemeber afternoons and i quite like it. still, it's not up on
same pedastal as jane siberry and sarah mclachlan in my book.

+woj